Friday, May 04, 2007

You can't BEET the day I'm having already.....

To start my wonderful day I'm having already, which it's not even 9 o'clock yet-

I ran almost 4 miles this morning. I've been nursing a couple of injuries for about 2 months and I haven't done too much past 3 miles on a run.
Then as I was getting ready for work - I looked out our kitchen window and there was a female oriole was eating the orange we had out - anticipating their arrival. I was super excited to see her this morning!
(The photo is from a previous year)

And when you just think you can't beat that morning, so far- try these-

BEET BURGERS....
This recipe came from "But did they eat it" blog (March 11th post)

I thought these were very yummy. I opted to grill some thinly sliced pineapple for the burger, which complemented it very nicely. But I thought something was missing as Goods & I were eating it. I suggested maybe some carrots in the mixture next time. Goods thought pickles....but he's a pickled beet freak. Then I read in "but did they eat it" post that FatFreeVegan made another version - which included carrots & sweet potato! I'll be trying that next time! But I do highly recommend the grilled pineapple on it. RATING - 3 OUT 5 FORKS

I'm going to leave you with some trivia - how many quarts of pickled beets do you get from 25 pounds???? That would be 16 quarts and 2 very purple hands.

No comments: