Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Quote of the Week

We all love animals. Why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang
I don't get it either....

and I don't think Lily gets it either.

Jan 9th Addition- Since this little post is pet related I would like to pay homage to one of our pet pond fish - Hot Lips. I found her dead in our pond today, she didn't survive her injuries she sustained when she decided to go swimming in the skimmer/filter box. May you swim with the big guys Hot Lips- I will always remember your little wiggle when you swam.

I really just don't get it (how people that love animals can eat them too) especially when something like this happens. I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed tears over Hot Lips. Most people will think I'm silly and will say "It's just a fish", but it just reaffirms that I am to be a Vegan, and the path I have chosen is 100% right for me.

No comments: