Saturday, March 21, 2009

Vegan Chocolate Chips- SCORE!!!

No fancy title for this post - just doesn't need one.
I'm not a big chocolate fan, as shameful as it is, but I do like a good chocolate chip cookie once in a while. I've used a few different brands of vegan chocolate chips that aren't bad, but now I found one that is GREAT and at the local grocery store TO BOOT!

LOOKIE!!!!!
No, your eyes are not deceiving you...they are KROGER BRAND- Private Selection Organic, No Preservative Semi-Sweet!! I believe they are $3.99 a bag- so the price is great too! They are the BIG chips, not the mini size chips.

Here is the list of ingredients: Organic Sugar, Organic Chocolate Liquor, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Soy Lecithin. THAT'S IT!!! It does say that it "may contain milk" well "I may win the lottery" too...so the way I look at it- I'm using them!

Besides eating them solo (for taste test purposes of course) I made Brownies. I've been out to find the best brownie recipe for a while now -I made
this one ; it was very good, but mine turned out all crumbly-I have no clue what happened....but as you can see, it didn't go to waste.

Maybe add an "egg" next time (and of course you know I mean a fake egg).

So go score yourself a bag!

No comments: