Monday, May 04, 2009

Flower of the week - May 5th, 2009

Well, I'm bringing back "Flower of the Week" - I ditched buying fresh flowers for the house in the winter time, when the economy took a spiral. But now that it is spring, and things are sprung, I'm going to use Mondays to feature flowers or plants that we have growing in our yard.

The first plant I'm featuring is one of my all time favorites......
The plant name is: Epimedium x Youngianum - or commonly known as "Fairy Wings" - and here is a closer look to see whyI not only love the flowers (that bloom for 3-4 weeks) but the leaves are a beautiful heart shaped so it adds dimension in our garden for all of the growing season. It's a part sun to light shade plant. Highly recommend this plant if you are in the 5-8 planting zone (some varieties are 4-8 zone)

No comments: