Friday, October 16, 2009

Corn in the Oven


I LOVE CORN! I love raw, cooked or frozen. I know I'm odd, but I like frozen food - fruit, veggies, french fries to name a few....but now back to the corn. We have the BEST corn here in Michigan- and the best corn we found around can be purchased at Northern Farm Market located in Timbuktu - well if feels like that anyway...but it's sooooo worth it.


I accidentally found the PERFECT way to cook corn on the cob....IN THE OVEN & STILL DRESSED with it's husks on. What I do is soak the corn for 24 hours, wrap each ear in foil and throw it into the oven at 350 degrees for an hour. Comes out PERFECT with out a burnt mark on it (unlike when Goods does it on the grill- but that isn't because of his cooking techniques, but this corn is soooo sweet, I think the sugar from it tends to burn as the corn cooks with the irregular heat from the grill) If you don't have time to soak it, I've been known to just add a Tablespoon of water in the foil while before I seal the foil tight.


In the heat of the summer, I would not heat up the oven to do this but it's great for cooler days.


Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: