Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm back and I'm raw...

Yes, it's been a long time. I was going to start blogging again after our Halloween extravaganza-in fact that Monday with "Flower of the Week"- but that Monday (11/3) turned out to be totally sucky and I had another matter to spend my energy on. You can see below posts, if you care to. It still sucks, but one must proceed with a new normal.

SOOOOOOOOOO....my new normal is RAW. Okay, not really but over the summer and fall I've been doing a lot more raw "cooking". This is my new favorite junk food - KALE CHIPS!



Kale Chips

1 big bunch of kale, washed torn, remove thick stems.
put in big bowl
add: enough tahini to lightly coat (or more to taste- I used approx 1/4 c.)
then add some spices - suggestions: SPIKE (awesome), Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Cayenne Pepper, Nutritional Yeast, Fresh Parsley - endless possibilities.

Stir until well coated.

Lay the Kale onto the dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 105 degrees until crispy. This usually takes 12ish hours. I flip the kale in the midst of the dehydration time...I also sample throughout, which is crucial in the dehydrating process :-)

I guess the kale chips are not 100% raw - I can't find raw tahini (not noted on my label of tahini) and I don't know if the seasonings are truly raw. But it's all so good....and much better then potato chips and I'm talking health and TASTE wise! humm... how about some tahihi potato chips??? I guess an experiment will be forth coming.

Also another favorites is raw corn chips- but I'll save that until I have a photo.

But I will leave you with a photo of Goods and me attending the Greenfield Village Halloween Nights . ...and yes, we were pretty much the only adults dressup WITHOUT KIDS. Who needs a kid when I have Goods????


Our Halloween Photos are in a Flikr set here. I forgot to take photos of all the vegan food I made for the party...my vegan chilie was a hit along with my favorite nacho cheese recipe.

Goods and I have a ton of activities planned for the rest of the year, so hopefully I will have some fun posts posted! See you then.

Oh - and GO PENN STATE!

No comments: