Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just what I need ANOTHER hobby.....

Well it's been a while since I blog of non-food related Good-Dees....so I thought I would "treat" you with some items I made with the new hobby I've started. I started to go to ceramic class. I initially went just to do a lighted ceramic Christmas tree for my Mother, because the one she had for almost 50 years -broke into a million pieces. So her favorite daughter came to the rescue, and I made on for her for a Christmas gift. She is tickled, so tickled in fact that she is displaying it all year, not sure if that is a great idea with a new Great Dane Puppy in the house- but yeah, it's her call. (I would post a photo of 'Maddy', the new puppy, but MY MOTHER only uses a POLAROID INSTANT CAMERA- and those photos just don't scan well.)

I really like going to this ceramic shop, it's cluttered with all kinds of stuff and the lady that owns the place has been in business for over 40 years - she is just a doll! She didn't even think I was weird requesting NON-ANIMAL HAIR brushes....but here is some of the stuff I did...

A chip dip dish- or more like a hummus serving dish in my case-

I do like to be more creative then just splattering coats of paint on things, so I started to do detailed painting - This was one of Goods' birthday gifts...
The project I'm working on now is a "Day of the Dead" plate that I drew and I am doing detailed painting on it....and of course I will share when it's completed.

I'll be back with a food post soon.....

No comments: