Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mommy's Day

And for my Mommy I made this dragon fly in ceramic class. Can't tell from the photo my the wings are Mother-of-Pearly...I just realized the Mother-of-Pearl and Mother's Day--HA, how appropriate is that???

Then since she LOVES oatmeal cookies, and she doesn't bake them for herself- I sent her a batch of Vegan ones...which she could care less that they are vegan.
I know everyone has made oatmeal cookies before, but I'll still post the recipe just in case some alien just landed on earth, and has never made them.
Oatmeal Cookies
adapted from the Quaker Oatmeal lid
1/2 cup of soften Earth Balance "butter"
1/2 cup of Spectrum Veg. Shortening
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar( I use dark brown)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Eggs Replacer Mixture
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Oats old fashioned, uncooked
1 cup raisins- presoaked in water

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat "butter" and sugars until creamy. Add egg replacer mixture and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Half way thru I squish the cookie mound down, with a fork. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Half way thru I squish the cookie mound down with a fork, to flatten. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.ABOUT 4 DOZEN


Happy Mommy's Day Y'all!
I'm sure even if you are not a Mother, you have
guided and enriched lives of young ones.

No comments: