Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stuffed Apricots

It's been hot- did you notice?  So we were invited to a picnic and I wanted to bring something light, cool and DIFFERENT.  I searched and came up with these puppies - Pistachio Stuffed Apricots.  They were easy peasey and to boot -- I got to use one of my 3 cool deviled egg plates that have been in the cabinet for over 5 years! 
A closer look.....
Even closer look....

They were delicious!  Perfect seasonal appetizer...which I will most generously share my version with you!

Stuffed Apricots - Vegan of course
9 - Apricots - cut in half and dee-pitted
(mine came out very easily and clean too!)

4 oz of Tofutti Cream Cheese (1/2 container)

approx 1/2.c chopped pistachios

Vanilla to taste (approx 1/2 tsp for me)

Mix a 1/4 c. of pistachios & vanilla  into the room temp cream cheese.
Scoop a scoop of mixture into each apricot half.
Top the top with some extra chopped pistachios.

Done - see how easy peasey! 
Enjoy!...and I will be back....

No comments: