Sunday, June 02, 2013

Easy Saucey Vegan...

Want to get snazzy with your baked tofu? 
Make this easy mustard dill sauce for it!  See how delicious it looks???


Easy Mustard Dill Sauce:

  • 3 Tbs of Vegenaise   (I use reduce fat)
  • 2 Tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice (don't you dare use the stuff out of the plastic lemon)
  • 1 Tbs. Dijon Mustard (I used 2 and I think it was too much, but Goods like it with 2)
  • 1.5 tsp Dried Dill  (I didn't have fresh, but if you do, use that - use 1 Tbs fresh)
  • Fresh Cracked Pepper
          Whisk it up and use.

So how easy was that? And it was delicious.  Oh, I doubled the recipe, had extra left over and I thinned it with water and used it as salad dressing....yummy.  Goods really like it on his dead salmon.  I loved it on my tofu, that was never alive and did not have to die....just sayin'.

My baked tofu is always different. I just press it for a couple of hours. Spray it with veggie oil spray then I season the hell out of it - garlic, onion powder, paprika, basil...etc. What every I feel like at the time. But what do I ALWAYS put on it- vegan crack- Nooch, nutritional yeast.  Then I bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until it turns a pretty golden brown.

Does anyone have a favorite way to their baked tofu??? Share please!


No comments: