Friday, November 06, 2009

Baked Lemon Tofu

Well....this isn't what I was initially going for - this baked lemon tofu - but look how extremely yummy it looks! My initial intentions were to make a mock version of lemon chicken...but I was too busy to make sieten (and this time I mean busy, not lazy) and I really wanted to try the red potatoes I bought at the farmer's market last weekend and I just didn't think lemony sauce would go with potatoes- you need more of a grain dish for that so I created a LEMON TOFU BAKE - Easy Peasy- Here is the recipe.....

1 block fir or extra firm tofu - pressed well and slice in 8 pieces
Mix together marinate:
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
2 Tbs. Tamari
3 Tbs. Lemon Juice - fresh
1 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Lemon Zest
1 tsp dried Basil (I used home-dried Thia)
1 tsp dried Thyme
2 minced Cloves of Garlic
Fresh ground Pepper to taste

Pour marinate over tofu - in shallow baking dish. Marinate for AT LEAST an hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees -
You can use the same baking dish if you chose, or transfer in lightly sprayed baking dish and
bake tofu for 25-30 minutes until brownish...flip halfway thru



Served with some smashed potatoes - GET THIS- I gave Goods the option of "mashed potatoes" or "smashed potatoes" - and he said..."hummm... I'll go with mashed because they are chunkier" - dahhhhhhh - I have so much to teach him...I corrected him, on this common knowledge tidbit and told him "smashed potatoes" are chunkier. So we had Smashed potatoes (w/ roasted garlic, green onion and nooch), broccoli and Goods had leftover grilled mushrooms....ewwwhhh. All the flavors blended perfectly too!


I just ate some of the leftover tofu for breakfast (cold too) and it was even better today! The lemon isn't overwhelming either - it would be perfect in a sandwich wrap.
Enjoy!

No comments: