Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vegan Creamy Potato Soup - plus another one...

Here is a pot of Potato Soup I whipped up for Goods.... Not that I don't like potato soup...I do, but this was a chance that I could make a soup for myself that I knew Goods wouldn't be gaga over....Spinach / Quinoa soup....

The recipe was adapted from a volume of Vegetarian Times - I wasn't gaga over it...so I'm not sharing my version of it. I love spinach, I love love quinoa but I thought it all got lost in the soupiness. Since quinoa, to me, is a delicate grain...it kind of got lost. Next time I will just make a dish of quinoa & spinach and leave out the broth.
BUTTT the good news is...I will share the Vegan Creamy Potato Soup with you all!
Sauteed in a little olive oil the following:
5 gloves of minced garlic
1 sliced leek
1 stalk chopped celery
1 finely chopped carrot
1 finely chopped jalapeno (w/out seeds)
1/4 c. chopped red pepper
1/4 c. chopped green pepper
After sauteing the above until tender - add
3 c. of veggie broth
2 c. water
1/4 c. chopped parsley
6 cups of potatoes - cubed
Over medium to medium low heat, cook until potatoes to desired tenderness.
Right before serving - Add 1/2 c. of soymilk and heat thoroughly.
Enjoy with your favorite bread (or for me gluten free bread)


No comments: