Happy 50th Birthday Goods!!
Goods turned 50 this year...he is now exactly 50 years and 10 days old....I'm a little late on the birthday post. BUT I HAVE AN EXCUSE....I was busy using my knowledge I have obtained in my beverage class - BIRTHDAY MARTINIS.....with a little side of fish.
This is how the class instructor taught us how to make these puppies....You can be only 14 steps away from your own PERFECT MARTINI.
- Take you glass -
- Put a couple drops of vermouth in it.
- Add some ice
- Swirl the ice & droplets of vermouth around. (try not to make a mess)
- Set glass aside.
- Take a stainless steel mixing glass & fill with ice
- Add 3 oz of your favorite vodka (Skyy for me please)
- Swirl it around to make the vodka super duper cold
- Take your glass - dump out the ice (into a sink - that would be tidy of you)
- Strain the vodka into the glass
- Stab some olives with a plastic sword
- Garnish accordingly
- Take picture of perfect martini
- Drink and Enjoy
Here is some drinking trivia ...you know the jigger...not that I am a fan of it - why do you need to measure you booze after all????
Okay- trivia question....
What do you call the small side of the jigger??
The 1.5 oz is actually called the jigger.
The other side is usually a mear 1 oz (why even bother???)
So I guess if I would have bought Goods a Jigger for his birthday - he would have gotten a PONY TOO! What kid doesn't want a pony for his birthday??
What I did get him was a new flavor vodka (we are on a flavored vodka kick right now...and a mission to quit adding Diet Coke to our vodka....because as you know, Diet Coke is bad for you)
Three Olives Pomegranate Vodka....an excellent choice may I say.
'Tis done with this post....geez louise - 2 post in one week....
I spoil you so!