Thursday, March 03, 2011

Vegan Cookbooks I can't live without.....

I Love to cook....I know like that is a shocker....dah...look at the blog....never the less the fact that I will be graduating with a degree in food next semester.
ANYWAY.....sometimes I create recipes as I cook....just ask Goods that one!  But other times I go to my cookbook library  for inspiration or a recipe or 2.                                           

And today I would like to share with you my favs.....

My first MUST HAVE is Vegan Vittles!  MUST MUST MUST....I must it so much that I have 2 editions of it....the newer edition had a few new recipes in it and I just couldn't live with myself if I didn't have it!


Why??? you ask - why I think it's a must?  It has recipes for staples that you need, especially if you are a vegan newbie.  It has mock meats, mock cheese, and recipes that show you how to substitute foods.  It rocks.  I have a few of her other books too, but this is my #1 used cookbook....the older version too.  I know, I needed the new shiny one, and I always use my old tattered  & stained one....and I love ugly puppies too.

On to the next.......

The 30 Minute Vegan...super easy, super good recipes - I just heart it....
                                                              
This is just one book of YUM!  The recipes are not too tasking. I love the layout- grouping recipes that go together as a meal.  YUM YUM YUM

                                                     

And by BFF Isa.... All her books Rock......
I have a special place in my hear for Vegan with a Vengeance because this was my first Vegan cookbook I bought.
Fun recipes and a great read too.....
                                                                                                              

Then you must have her VEGANOMIC....it's like an encyclopedia of vegan recipes.  Tons & tons of recipes presented in her humorous way.....

  
                                                          








So my last "cookbook" is not exactly vegan....nor does my copy look all fancy dancy like this because of the abuse it takes...but the old Blue Ball Book  Ball Blue Book.

                                                  
I love Jammin' , Cannin' and Freezin'........so this "cookbook" is a must for me.  I'll be jammin' some strawberries this weekend.   Homemade jam is so much better the store stuff....and A LOT cheaper.  One of my classes is "cost control" this semester so I think I'll do a little recipe cost comparison with homemade vs store bought....sounds like a blast to me!  I'll share the results at a later date....

So there you have it.....My favs - - -  what are your favs?????

No comments: