Thursday, December 18, 2008

Crockpot Cheating....

Week 3 of the Crockpot Challange

I was very busy baking this weekend, and Goods really wanted sauerkraut - So I made a batch of sauerkraut - fast, easy and taste great....so easy, it felt like cheating.

I don't do too much with my sauerkraut - I add a little garlic powder, parsley, and fresh pepper. I also add, at the start, onion quarters. This time I added some whole shallots - I just had them laying around the kitche, never add them before. OMG they were outstanding! They were so sweet in the SOUR-kraut....I will never not add them again.



I add my "meats" about an hour before eating time. This time I used Tofukey Sausage and I put a hunk of "meat" that I had frozen that I made from Vegan Dad's site [My Dec 8th post] . (BTW I had to be very careful on the way I worded that - OY!)


I made the standard shmashed killer potatoes to go with the kraut. I call them that because potatoes killed my hand mixer I've been using for over 10 years. A new one in on it way- and of course I will share it with you - it's quite spiffy!


And the photo of the meal.

I have loads more to share with you. So peak back soon!

No comments: